Yesterday I was combing the internet and came across an article on Yahoo about the wackiest pet names of 2012. Apparently there's a pet insurance company called VPI (Veterinary Pet Insurance Co.) that went through their records of almost a half million registered dogs and cats to compile this list.
I can't decide if these are extremely creative and cute...or if in an attempt to think outside the box, these pet owners missed the mark.(Commentary courtesy of WebVet)
1. Chew Barka: Can't decide if this would be more appropriate for a hairy Newfoundland -- or ironically for a Chihuahua.
2. Nigel Nosewhistle: This guy's owner must be British. Or a Harry Potter enthusiast
3. Sir Maui Senqkey Schwykle: Dropping the first three parts and leaving it as Schwykle would be wacky enough, and easier to pronounce.
4. Spark Pug: Bonus points for conceptual creativity, but we bet he's just called Sparky in real life, which would belong nowhere near this list.
5. Agent 99: Why not 97? 98?
6. Stinker Belle: Likely a common nickname for many pups out there.
7. Vienna Sausage: If this isn't a Dachshund. . . well, it could be a Corgi.
8. Furnace Hills Dante: Must be a family name.
9. Senorita Margarita: Was adopted on Cinqo de Mayo.
10. Trigonometry: Seems like getting the dog was a compromise for a child agreeing to do homework.
1. Pico de Gato: We're less inspired to eat Mexican food when it sounds like cat is an ingredient.
2. Dingleberry: This kitty's owner is likely a child, or an adult who refuses to swear.
3. Dumpster Kitty: If only people were as upfront about their backgrounds . . .
4. Schnickelfritz: Now we're not in the mood for German food either.
5. Koobenfarben: Lot of Eastern Europeans on this list . . .
6. Sassy Pants Huska: She can show you how to Doggie, show you how to Doggie . . .we mean Dougie.
7. Vincent Van Furrball: Evokes thoughts of art AND vomit. Classy.
8. Kitty Gaga: Came complete with Poker Face.
9. Beefra: So no tuna?
10. Mister Bigglesworth: The owner of this guy must be psyched to hear there's an Austin Powers 4 in the works.
(Image via rachelpasch/Flickr used under Creative Commons.)