Click 98.9 VW Jetta Giveaway Contest Rules
• This VW Jetta Car Giveaway contest (the ”Contest”) which is being conducted by Orca Radio, Inc. (“Click 98.9”) begins on August 20, 2012 and ends September 23, 2012.
• Twenty-five (25) individuals will be invited to a special event to be held on the fairgrounds of The Puyallup Fair 2012 on September 23, 2012 (the “Giveaway”) at which a promotional 2012 Volkswagen Jetta provided by Hanson Motors in its then current condition with up to several thousand miles recorded on the odometer (the ”Grand Prize”) will be given away. The Grand Prize will be covered by the balance of the manufacturer’s new car warranty.
• A qualified person may enter the Contest in three ways:
o You may enter by completing an on-site entry form at designated individual events listed on click989.com events page. These events will be scheduled at local promotional sites between August 20 and August 30, 2012 and at The Puyallup Fair 2012 on September 7, 8, 9, 15, and 16, 2012. At the conclusion of the promotional event on August 25, 2012 at Hanson Motors, two individual entries will be drawn at random from that event's eligible entries. At the conclusion of each of the remaining events described here, one individual’s entry will be drawn at random from each event's entries. Individuals need not be present to win. The eleven individuals whose name appears on these drawn entry forms will be notified and invited to participate in the Giveaway as a Contestant.
o You can enter by completing an entry found at Click 98.9’s Facebook address at www.facebook.com/Click989 between September 1 and September 7, 2012. On September 12, 2012, a Click 98.9 representative will select, via a random number generator, four entries from these Facebook entries. The four individuals whose name appears on these entries will be notified and invited to participate in the Giveaway as a Contestant.
o You can enter by participating in Click 98.9’s on-air contesting between September 10 and September 21, 2012. Each weekday (Monday-Friday) at 8:10AM, 9:10AM, 10:10AM, 11:10AM, 12:10PM, 1:10PM, 2:10PM, 3:10PM, 4:10PM and 5:10PM (listed times are Pacific Time) there will be a cue-to-call (an on air announcement indicating now is the time to call). The 20th caller will be one of that days qualifiers. From the group of each day’s qualified individuals, one individual will be selected randomly and invited to participate in the Giveaway as a Contestant. Ten Contestants will be determined this way.
• Contestant notification:
o By 1:00PM on September 11, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20 and 21, a Click 98.9 representative will send an email, utilizing the email address given to a Click 98.9 representative when the individual was declared the 20th caller after the cue-to-call, notifying the qualifier whose name was drawn the prior weekday from that day's qualifiers, and inviting him/her to be a Contestant in the Giveaway. In the case of the qualifying contest on September 21, the person whose name was drawn will be emailed by 11:00PM PT on September 21, 2012.
o On or before September 13, 2012, a Click 98.9 representative will send an email, utilizing the email address on the entry form, to the four Contestants selected from the Facebook entries inviting them to participate in the Giveaway.
o On or before September 17, 2012, a Click 98.9 representative will send an email, utilizing the email address on the entry form, to the eleven Contestants selected from the on-site entries inviting them to participate in the Giveaway.
o The Contestant list (first name, last initial, and city) will be regularly updated and posted on click989.com.
• The twenty-five Contestants will be (i) notified, via email, of the specific location of the Giveaway on or before September 21, 2012 and (ii) given free admission to The Puyallup Fairgrounds on September 23, 2012. The location of the Giveaway will also be posted on click989.com.
• Contestants will obtain free admission by going to The Fair’s Will Call window on the day of the Giveaway and giving their name, and providing an appropriate photo ID, to the attendant. A Contestant must be present on-site at the Giveaway site and check in with the designated Click 98.9 representative between 3:30pm and 4:30pm PT in order to participate in the Giveaway. If a Contestant does not check in with the designated Click 98.9 representative between 3:30pm and 4:30pm PT, or is not present at the start of the Giveaway, he/she will not be given an opportunity to win the Grand Prize.
• The Giveaway will be conducted as follows:
o The ignition key for the Grand Prize will be placed in a box (the “Prize Box”) with a lock. A basket will contain 25 envelopes (or such lesser number of envelopes with keys if not all 25 Contestants are present and eligible), each containing a key.
o The Contestants will line up in order based on a random draw of names at the Giveaway.
o The first Contestant will draw an envelope from the basket. The Contestant will open the envelope and try to unlock the Prize Box with the key taken from the envelope. If the key unlocks the Prize Box, that Contestant will be declared the Winner and receive the Grand Prize if he/she meets and performs all the requirements of this Contest.
o If the key taken from the envelope does not unlock the Prize Box, the next Contestant in line will draw an envelope and try to unlock the Prize Box with the key taken from the envelope. This process will continue until a Contestant draws an envelope containing a key that unlocks the Prize Box.
o If a Contestant’s key unlocks the Prize Box, the Contest ends immediately and the remaining Contestants will not have the opportunity to draw an envelope and attempt to unlock the Prize Box.
o After a Contestant has drawn and tried a key, he/she will return the key to the designated Click 98.9 representative. All keys remain the property of Click 98.9.
o In the event that none of the drawn keys unlock the Prize Box, each Contestant still on-site will have his/her name put inside an envelope, one name per envelope. One envelope will be drawn at random from these envelopes by a representative of Click 98.9. The Contestant whose name is inside the envelope drawn by the Click 98.9 representative will be declared the Winner and receive the Grand Prize if he/she meets and performs all the requirements of this Contest.
• The Grand Prize has a value of approximately $17,800.00. The Winner must meet all applicable purchasing requirements to receive the Grand Prize. Ownership of the Grand Prize will pass to the Winner once all necessary paperwork and requirements are fulfilled. The Winner will pick up the Grand Prize from Hanson Motors and all arrangements for delivery will be made directly with Hanson Motors’ staff. The Winner is responsible for all taxes, insurance and licensing and transfer fees.
• To be eligible to participate in this Contest, you must be 18 years of age, reside in Washington State within the Click 98.9 defined listening area, which is within Click 98.9’s TSA boundaries as defined by Arbitron, and have a valid social security number and Washington state driver’s license.
• Employees, and their families, (i) of Orca Radio Inc., Bellevue Radio, Inc., Seascape Radio, Inc. and Hanson Motors, (ii) media outlets in the Seattle Market area and (iii) sponsors and businesses associated with this Contest are ineligible to participate in this Contest.
• All Contestants agree to release and hold harmless Click 98.9, Hanson Motors and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents, and all employees of participating sponsors including, but not limited to, from any and all liability and any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Contest and any prize won.
• By entering this Contest, you agree to be bound by these rules.
• No purchase is necessary to win. An individual may qualify as a Contestant in this Contest only once.
• The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
• All federal, state, and local taxes, if any, are the responsibility of the Winner.
• The Grand Prize is non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash.
• Click 98.9 will issue the Winner a Form 1099 for the value of the Grand Prize.
• Only one winner is allowed per family (or household) within a thirty-day period of time. If you or a member of your family or household has won any prize from Click 98.9 after August 23, 2012 totaling over $100 in value, you are not eligible to participate.
• The Winner and members of his/her family (and household) will not be eligible to win a Click 98.9 prize until September 23, 2013.
• To receive the Grand Prize, the Winner must (i) meet all the Contest’s requirements, (ii) complete and sign Click 98.9’s winner acknowledgment and release forms which require, among other things, Winner’s name, address, city, state, zip code, place of employment (if any), date of birth, current telephone number (if any), social security number and signature and (iii) complete and sign a form W-9. The Winner is subject to the terms and conditions outlined on the Click 98.9 winner's acknowledgement and release forms. The Winner will have until October 8, 2012 to complete this paperwork. This process must be completed to qualify as the winner and receive delivery of the Grand Prize.
• Click 98.9 will have until October 5. 2012 to remove any wrap, logos, etc. from the Grand Prize.
• Click 98.9 is not responsible for any disconnected calls or phone issues or any transmission issues with internet, text or email providers when sending information regarding this Contest to any individual or Contestant.
• Click 98.9 is not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries or for the failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all online or email entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the email account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an email account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such email account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with such email account. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an email account shall be determined by Click 98.9 in its sole, reasonable discretion, and Click 98.9 reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest.
• By entering this Contest, each entrant, Contestant and the Winner consents, without limitation and without receiving additional compensation, to the use of his/her name, voice, photograph and/or likeness for advertising and/or trade purposes of Click 98.9 and Hanson Motors and their respective affiliates or agents. All entries remain the property of Click 98.9.
• Click 98.9 reserves the right to change the rules or discontinue this Contest at any time. Click 98.9 shall be the sole interpreter of these rules and its interpretation is final.
• These contest rules are posted on click989.com and may be viewed during normal business hours in the business office of Click 98.9 located at 3650 131st Avenue SE, Suite 550, Bellevue, WA, 98006. A copy of these contest rules will be mailed to you upon request.
Click 98.9 VW Jetta Giveaway Contest Rules
Click 98.9 VW Jetta Giveaway Contest Rules